WebSphere Application Server/Tomcat administrator 
|Language Skills||Native level Japanese. Ability to read and write emails in English.|
|No. Of Positions||2|
|Duration||Long term starting immediately|
|Budget||Based on skills|
In the role of Tomcat/Websphere Administrator, you will be the subject matter expert and provide support for web administration on AIX/Linux/Windows platforms.
You will assist with administration, troubleshooting issues and performance tuning of applications running on WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat, Apache and occasionally IIS. We need strong Unix and other scripting skills as well.
[Role and responsibilities]
• Installation, implementation, upgrading, performance, security, patching and monitoring of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (WASND) and Tomcat environments.
• Maximizing availability and performance for all WASND and WebSphere Web Server Plugins and Apache Web Sever systems
• Providing technical assistance to developers and operators.
• Developing a detailed understanding of WebSphere Application Server and Tomcat clustering for High Availability
• This position is responsible for possessing and developing a detailed understanding of J2EE standards and JDBC configurations.
• Providing maximum system availability and uptime for WebSphere Application Server, Tomcat and Apache Web Server environments
• Monitoring, tracking, trending, analysis and tuning of the application server environments.
• Validating backup techniques to ensure ease of system recoverability.
• Management of assigned IT infrastructure projects and periodically scheduled maintenance tasks.
• Experience in maintaining SSL certificates across a large environment.
• Timely security patching and applying support fixes as required.
• Support and implementation of security policies and controls as defined and developed by a separate security team.
• Timely and accurate completion of other tasks as defined by the local project team.
• Participate in ad-hoc troubleshooting activities during emergencies.
• Occasionally send and reply emails to engineering team based in the US to verify technical details
[Technical skills or abilities]
• Proven experience in implementing complex integration solutions
• Experienced in Web Sphere runtime topologies
• Experienced in administering Apache Web Server V2.4
• Experienced with XML and HTML
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences of varying technical aptitudes
• Strong understanding in the following languages is preferred:
o JACL/Jython scripting
o Born/Korn shell